Are you restless? Do you find yourself envious of others? Perhaps, the grass looks greener on the other side? This world has nothing to offer us. We can never find peace and fulfillment apart from God. I know in my previous posts I’ve mentioned doing quiet time and reading His Word. Doing quiet time is good for you, no doubt about that but what about spending time with God alone? Do nothing, only worship and love on Him?
I know what you’re thinking, do nothing? 😀 Yes, nothing and only worship Him because He deserves it. It is out this time that I find myself very content, fulfilled, happy and healed from emotional wounds. If I don’t spend time with the Lord, I get distracted by the things of this world, I feel discontentment and unfulfilled. Let’s just say not happy and easily irritated. I need for God to fill me up in order that I may pour into other people. If we’re empty, what do we have to give? We can’t impart what we don’t possess.
This is what I do and perhaps give it a try? Quiet time is for reading and studying the Word. Spending time alone with God is different. <3
1. Do it in the early morning. – God gets first place. Why? Because we can’t go through the day without Him filling you up. You’re going to run on empty! He gets first because He is GOD. 😀 No reasons needed! 😀 John 15:5 tells us, “Apart from Me you can do nothing.”
2. Find a solitary place – A place with no distractions. Just peace and quiet. It could be a room or a church’s sanctuary. This will be a special place where you will meet Him. Jesus took time to meet with the Father alone.
3. Music – A ballad or worship music, if needed.
4. Seek God’s presence and begin to worship Him. – This is not the time to give God your list and ask Him for things. This is the time to worship and thank Him for everything.
And watch everything unload and how refreshed you feel.
5. How long you do it for is not important . – Just as long as you are doing it! The more you spend time in His presence, the more you will yearn for time alone. You can do this for 15 -30 minutes or 1 hour. It doesn’t matter. Let God lead you. Don’t rush. Relax.
6. If you must, make an appointment with Him. – Schedule it. Write it on your calendar. One thing though, He does not like to be stood up. So you must show up! 😀 He never stands us up, we must not do the same!
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you James 1:4
Kari Jobe has this one song and it goes like this: The more I seek you, The more I find you, The more I find you, the more I love you…
Be refreshed and you’ll find that God is the source of your fulfillment. This world has nothing better to offer us!
Love you all!!