Meditating on the Word brings revelation, clear direction and gives us wisdom when we are in sticky situations. It brings about an increased awareness in what He wants to say and do in our lives. Our discernment sharpens and we begin to think like Him. What used to be gray will now be in black and white. Do you meditate? Do you seek His wisdom? Do you need answers? Start with the Word.
How do I meditate?
1. Find a place in the home, a quiet place that you’ll go to every time you meet with God. It does not need to be fancy but it needs to peaceful and quiet.
2. Grab the bible and simply ask the Lord where should you go? It may be an entire book, a chapter, or just one verse that you opened up to. Whatever it is be sure to read it.
3. Write it out and date it.
But this delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the trivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. -Psalm 1:3
And no matter how crazy our storm is, the more we meditate we’ll learn to remain in His presence and have a quiet spirit.
Things I need to do during meditation.
1. Pray that God will clean and purify you. Repent of all sins.
Create in me a clean heart O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
2. Prayer: Lord, I pray that you’ll give me the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You. Having the eyes of my heart enlightened that I may know what is the hope to which You have called me, what are the riches of Your glorious inheritance. and what is immeasurable greatness of Your power toward me who believe according to the working of Your great might. Amen (Ephesian 1:17-19)
3. With the scripture, book, or chapter that was given to you, ask ”Lord, what are you trying to reveal to me?”
4.Who is it that I need to pray for? How can I pray for them?
Remember that meditation is not just about memorizing the Word. I’ve listed a few reasons above why we need to meditate. If we want clarity and direction we need to learn to be sensitive to the Spirit. Meditation will help you with this. ”I can’t hear Him or I don’t know what to do?” Why not go to the Word, open your bible and meditate, it’ll bring stillness to your soul.
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
Similar blog posts: