I write and post images almost everyday then answer my inbox that’s filled with questions from people who need wise counsel. I always say the right thing at the right time with added scriptures. No problem! That’s easy to do!
Then comes my turn when I’m in need of wise counsel I feel lost, very lost. Ever feel that way? It’s like I’ve been blind sighted and can’t see which way to go or what God’s trying to tell me. I meditate, I go to Him in prayer, recite the His promises and yet I can’t find what I’m looking for. A moment of silent. I pause. I WAIT.
That’s it! All I needed to do was simply wait…again! “Oh.. not again this so hard Lord, I’ve waited for several years already! How much longer?” That’s always been my question. As immature as it sound, I want answers too just like the rest of you and the waiting process can be unbearable.
So, here are some wisdom for us, me included while waiting.
1. While we wait He restores us, heals us, sustains us, comforts us and loves us.
We don’t see it because our human flesh wants to see everything in the natural but if you take a moment to sit still and rest in His presence and Shhh! No words! Let His presence fill you with hope, joy, peace and love. Does this not heal us? Empower us? Sustain us as while we’re waiting? Yes it does! Remember to be still when you are feeling anxious or impatient.
For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. Hab. 2:3
Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. -Psalm 33:20
- Trust – Teaches us to fully rely/trust Him.
- Humility – Prideful people like to move ahead of God and be in full control. They also worry too much about what other thinks. Humble people wait on God and demonstrate trust.
- Purify- It purifies us from greed, instant gratification, and worldly desires.. when in fact we need to be living a life of integrity and holiness keeping our eyes on the Lord.
- Protection – There are times when God will make us wait if He knows there will be difficulties especially when we move ahead of Him. Patiently waiting on the Lord will protect us from unforeseen circumstances. Be wise and keep this in mind.
Gentle Reminder: Don’t get ahead of Him with your own agenda and solutions. Instead you wait on Him and for His direction. Do you want His best or second best and miss out on what He had for you? Resting in the Lord is not passive but active.
As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me and my God will certainly hear me. Micah 7:7
3. What happens if we choose not to wait on the Lord?
- You miss out on God’s best
- You’re out of His will
- You’ll get second best and end up being disappointed.
- Disobeying God has consequences. You may experience hurt, painful circumstances, disaster, suffering, grief, and much, much more.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. -Isa. 55:8-9
My prayer is that you wait patiently on the Lord and reap the rewards. Don’t get ahead and miss out on God’s perfect will for your life.
No one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for the one who waits for Him. Isaiah 64:4